With starting the development of Modelica also the Electrical Analog Library was started. The intention of the library is to offer basic electrical components which can be widely used but are not highly specialized. The models should be textbook-like, and can be taken as example for user’s own model development. The Electrical analog Library is linked to other packages of the Modelica Standard Library.
The library development is an ongoing process. Within the EUROSYSLIB project the performance was improved, the conditional heat port was added as well as some new or more detailed components. The library contains besides examples :
- Basics (R, L, C, G with constant or variable valus, controlled sources, transformer, electro-motoric force for coupling to mechanics)
- Ideal components (switches, diode, opamps)
- Line models (segmented single and multiple line)
- Semiconductors (diode, zdiode, simple MOS and bipolar, thyristor)
- Sources (time dependent voltage and current sources)